Tuesday 13 May 2014

Our Worries, One Mystery

What realm does my imagination tend to dwell upon before I am submerged into the unknown? The possibilities that transpire within the unknown itself of course. Mysteries by their inconsistencies may seem to be complex, because we can't quite distinguish an independent variable in their occurrences. 


Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. 
- Proverbs 19: 21


Recently I've been thinking about how this affects my relationship with God and (in one aspect) mysteries are simply just a wide span of imagined possibilities, which ends up shrouding the ultimate conclusion. This ultimate conclusion is the will of God.

My conscience tends to have the attitude to be drawn to what I want, and in consequence; I may worry about the many possibilities that may conflict with it. I find it very easy to worry, and because of this attitude I tend to be bewildered by even the smaller things. For example: the 100 things that can go wrong at a dinner date. "Is my humour overwhelming?" - "Does she actually like the food?" - "Did I actually say YOLO?" etc. You could think of such things hours upon hours, but "worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere” (Erma Bombeck). 


"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." 
- Matthew 6:34

Tomorrow is the word that expresses many mysteries. One who believes that "the true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible” (Oscar Wilde) will understand that a mystery is merely an illusion; formed by the conflicting hopes and despairs of different people. 


To live with mystery is to invest your hopes or despairs into one possibility. But, to live with God is not asking "what will?" But, answering "God's will." I'm not saying you need to fully understand it - even I still don't. Don't keep your eyes on the plan, rather,  keep your heart with the planner. Trust regardless when something goes your way or not, that God's will remains and he plans something even greater and far beyond what we may expect. 




So although tomorrow may seem a mystery, look at today as a gift from God. Is that not why it is called the "present"? (Paraphrased from Bill Keane)





No comments:

Post a Comment